Enable users to create sub-keys in the registry
Users are unable to create new registry keys if they are not local administrators. This is a problem incase you have feautres which need to create their own application log categories or similar. This leads to an error being thrown and the feature is not activated.
This problem was fixed by editing the registry.
- Log on to the computer as an administrator.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK. The Registry Editor window appears.
- Locate the following registry subkey:
- Right-click Eventlog, and then click Permissions. The Permissions for Eventlog dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced. The Advanced Security Settings for Eventlog dialog box appears.
- In the Name column, double-click the Users group. The Permission Entry for Eventlog dialog box appears.
- Select the Set Value check box, select the Create Subkey check box, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor